RKI Instruments M2A Series Transmitter
Click here to learn more from RKI Instruments website
The RKI M2™ is a state-of-the-art transmitter which operates as an independent, stand-alone system or as part of an integrated system. The M2 connects with an analog or digital signal to nearly any controller, PLC, or DCS. The product's setup is simple with user-friendly push buttons and LCD menus. It utilizes a magnetic wand technique for performing non-intrusive calibration. The M2 also provides an automatic zero drift correction feature, which gives more stable readings and lessens adjustments due to sensor aging.
The housing of the M2 does not need to be opened for zeroing or calibration, which makes it unnecessary to declassify the area for routine maintenance. It is designed so that a complete field calibration can be performed by a single person. Sensor construction is rated Class I, Div. 1 groups B, C, D for flammables, CO, H2S, O2, and CO2, and Class I, Div. 2 for all other toxics.
The transmitter supplies a 4-20 mA output in addition to a Modbus digital output. It also has two levels of alarms with relays, along with a fail alarm with relay. A digital display of the gas concentration, plus alarm and status lights, are able to be viewed through the front window.
The toxic sensors are electrochemical type plug-in sensors, which provide high specificity, quick response, and extended life. The plug-in design allows simple and fast replacement in the field without the need for tools. Toxic sensors are designed for use in Class I, Div. 2 hazardous locations. Sensors available for Cl2, NH3, SO2, PH3, ASH3, and HCN.
The M2 represents the highest quality in cutting-edge sensor / transmitter technology.
Quick List of Features
- Operates with or without a controller
- Direct digital readout with OLED
cold temperature display
- LEL, O2, H2S, CO, CO2,Infrared sensor for combustibles
- 100% Vol CH4, and 0-9,000 PPM CH4
- Toxic Gases include NH3, SO2, HCN, and more
- 4-20 mA & digital Modbus outputs standard
- 2 fully programmable alarm relays & fail relay
- Non-intrusive calibration via magnetic wand
- Explosion proof construction
- Patented water repellent sensor cover
- User friendly setup, push buttons & OLED
- Long-life sensors (2+ years typical)