Drager Short Term Tubes A-B
Quick Description of the Drager Tubes (requires a Accuro Pump)
- Not all detector tubes are created equal! DrägerTubes® with the accuro® pump deliver the most accurate results. Many DrägerTubes® offer a +/- 10% standard deviation on the results. This is a result of our 70+ years of manufacturing colorimetric tubes and the consistent volume delivered by the bellows pump design. Quality assurance is accomplished by individually calibrating each batch of DrägerTubes®. Then every batch is tested at regular intervals, throughout the two year shelf life, to guarantee accuracy over the entire life of the tubes.
EASY TO READ
- See the difference for yourself! The wider diameter of the DrägerTubes® makes it easier to read. Well-spaced graduation marks enable distinct and decisive measurement results. Color changes to the reagents are well defined over the entire length of the stain. Many tubes offer a dual calibrated scale so that you can interpret the results without using multiplication factors.
- One stroke tubes are not always faster! Though many DrägerTubes® require more than one stroke, they often provide measurement results in less time. Not only do you get the benefit of a quicker analysis, the larger sample volume provides better statistical accuracy.
- DrägerTubes® simply deliver more! More gases and more measuring ranges than any other manufacturer. Dräger offers over 200 tubes for accurately measuring over 500 different gases. You can measure ambient air for health and safety levels and optional equipment allows you to measure stack gases, motor vehicle exhaust components, pressurized gas line samples and contaminants in compressed air and other technical gases. Other specialized tubes measure over a period of hours or a complete work shift to indicate daily exposure levels.
- Reagents used in DrägerTubes® are chosen to provide not only the most accurate, but also most specific results possible. Our use of prelayers on many tubes (like benzene) remove other potential interfering gases (e.g. aromatic hydrocarbons) so you measure only the targeted chemical, getting only the results you want. This design enables you to measure specific gases in a complex ambient background found in the measurement area.
WHAT IS THE DRAEGER-TUBE® SYSTEM?
- DrägerTubes® are glass vials filled with a chemical reagent that reacts to a specific chemical or family of chemicals. A calibrated 100 ml sample of air is drawn through the tube with the Dräger accuro® bellows pump. If the targeted chemical(s) is present the reagent in the tube changes color and the length of the color change typically indicates the measured concentration. The DrägerTubes® System is the world’s most popular form of gas detection.